RNDr. Ján Füzer, PhD
Phone: +421 (055) 234 2236
Address: Park Angelinum 9, 04154 Košice
The laboratory for powder and pressed sample preparation is equipped with a Retsch PM 100 planetary mill with accessories (Fig. 1), ball mill PULVERISETTE 0 (Fig. 2) and glovebox (Fig. 3)
for storage of samples.
Planetary ball mill Retsch PM 100 is used for the preparation of powder samples of metals and alloys by mechanical alloying and milling.
- particle size suitable for grinding <10 mm
- final particle size <1 micron, for wet grinding <0.1 microns
- size of containers 500 ml
- 100 to 650 rpm
Ball mill FRITSCH PULVERISETTE 0 is used for the preparation of powder samples of metals and alloys by mechanical alloying and grinding with possibility grinding in liquid nitrogen.
- particle size suitable for grinding <5 mm
- maximum volume of material being ground: 10 ml
- size of milling ball 50-70 mm
- oscillation rate of the grinding balls: 3000 - 36000 per minute at an amplitude of 1-3 mm
Research focus of the Laboratory for powder and pressed sample preparation is the preparation of metals and alloys by mechanical alloying and milling using two types of mill.
Offer to professional public
Mechanical milling and alloying of hard materials even at low temperatures.